Freddie King - Burglar (1974)

Posted on 9:50:00 AM by Vincentius Kedang

This album is a little bit different then what I had expected and I couldn't be happier. It has turned into one of those CD's you have trouble getting out of my CD player. I've heard lots about Freddie and what a great blues guitar player he was and being a big fan of Texas blues, I was eager to learn more about Freddie King, so I bought this album. What surprised me the most is how great the man can sing. Freddie sings with some serious passion and soul and it really shines on this album. Recorded late in his career this album finds Freddie leaning more torwards rock then blues, much like SRV and some of his post Texas Flood albums (i.e. Couldn't Stand the Weather). If you are looking for a prue blues album this is not it. It is a very good bluesy\funky 70 style rock album with a great band and excellent production that has aged well. Even the cover art is great. The album has some excellent horn section that is very well done.

If you are looking for more traditional blues from Freddie check out Rhino's Hideaway collection. If you are looking for a great album with soulful sing, great guitar, and excellent songs in a Texas Rock\Blues style buy this album. You might be surprised. You will not be disappointed.

Tracklist
01.Let the Good Times Roll 3:33
02.I Got the Same Old Blues 3:22
03.I Had a Dream 5:01
04.My Credit Didn't Go Through 4:08
05.Only Getting Second Best 3:48
06.Pack It Up 4:10
07.Pulp Wood 3:11
08.She's a Burglar 3:49
09.Sugar Sweet 2:51
10.Texas Flyer 3:45

Download

No Response to "Freddie King - Burglar (1974)"

Leave A Reply