Mississippi Fred McDowell - I Don't Play No Rock 'n' Roll

Posted on 2:55:00 PM by Vincentius Kedang

Another one for The Man in Haarlem .....

Fred McDowell
I Do Not Play No Rock 'N' Roll: The Complete Sessions
Two Discs
2006
FLAC


"And I do not play no rock 'n' roll, y'all, I just play the straight, natcha blues. And whenever you get somebody, you know, wants to plow for ya, you just call for Fred McDowell. I was raised on the farm, you understand. Now, the only way you can rock Fred you just put him in a rocking chair, just lay me down, you understand. That's my type of rockin'. And my type of blues, I play with a bottleneck. I first got this style from a beef bone, you understand. The rib would come out of a steak." - Mississippi Fred McDowell

--
Disc One

1. Baby Please Don't Go (Digitally Remastered 1995)
2. Good Morning Little School Girl (Digitally Remastered 1995)
3. Kokomo Me Baby (Digitally Remastered 1995)
4. That's All Right Baby (Digitally Remastered 1995)
5. Red Cross Store (Digitally Remastered 1995)
6. Everybody's Down On Me (Digitally Remastered 1995)
7. 61 Highway (Digitally Remastered 1995)
8. Glory Hallelujah (Digitally Remastered 1995)
9. Jesus Is On The Mainline (Digitally Remastered 1995)
10. Someday

Disc Two

1. Write Me A Few Of Your Lines
2. Mortgage On My Soul
3. Baby Let Me Lay Down (In Your Cool Iron Bed)
4. Drop Down Mama
5. Rap/Louise
6. Somebody Keeps Callin' Me
7. Eyes Like An Eagle
8. My Baby She Gonna Jump And Shout (Digitally Remastered 1995)
9. Long Line Skinner (Digitally Remastered 1995)
10. Baby Please Don't Go (Alternate)

Download Torrent

No Response to "Mississippi Fred McDowell - I Don't Play No Rock 'n' Roll"

Leave A Reply