Lazy Lester - Blues Stop Knocking

Posted on 11:43:00 AM by Vincentius Kedang

Lazy Lester (born Leslie Johnson), June 20, 1933, Torras, Louisiana is a swamp blues harmonica player, whose career spans the 1950s to the 2000s.

Best known for regional hits recorded with Ernie Young's Nashville, Tennessee based Excello label, Lester also contributed as a sideman to songs recorded by Excello label-mates including Slim Harpo, Lightnin' Slim, and Katie Webster. His songs have been covered by (among others) The Kinks, Freddy Fender, Dwight Yoakam, Dave Edmunds, Raful Neal, Anson Funderburgh, and The Fabulous Thunderbirds. In the comeback stage of his career (since the late 1980s) he has recorded new albums backed by Mike Buck, Sue Foley, Gene Taylor, Kenny Neal, Lucky Peterson, and Jimmie Vaughan.

Track List :

1.  Blues stop knocking
2.  I love you baby
3.  I'm your breadmaker baby
4.  Go ahead
5.  Gonna stick to you baby
6.  I'm gonna miss you (like the devil)
7.  Ya ya
8.  They call me Lazy
9.  Ponderosa shuffle
10. No special rider
11. I told my little woman
12. Sad city blues
Download Torrent

No Response to "Lazy Lester - Blues Stop Knocking"

Leave A Reply